The aim of Sustainable Tourism is to ensure a low impact on the enviroment and local culture. Sustainable tourism create a positive experience for local people, tourists and enviroment. Sustainable tourism is not just ecotourism.
Tourists who promote sustainable tourism are sensitive to the dangers of mass tourism and seek to protect tourist destinations. Sustainable tourists can reduce the impact of tourism in many ways, including:
- informing themselves of the culture, politics, and economy of the communities visited
- anticipating and respecting local cultures, expectations and assumptions
- contributing to intercultural understanding and tolerance
- supporting the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses which conserve cultural heritage and traditional values
- supporting local economies by purchasing local goods and participating with small, local businesses
- conserving resources by seeking out businesses that are environmentally conscious, and by using the least possible amount of non-renewable resources.
Taken from Wikipedia
This post is also available in: Russian